Pages

Sunday 26 August 2007

I’m back… And found lots of goodies in the mail!

K and I have had a great week at the summer house; relaxing, playing card games, enjoying the weather and eating lots of good food. We rode our bikes everyday, I thought I’d share some photos of one of the places we rode to, Tønsberg tønne (The barrel of Tonsberg), a land mark set up to prevent boats/ships stranding on the rocks. It’s a lovely route to bike ride to a beach, and then a short walk through the woods:


We also managed to stitch a bit, I worked on my Polka Dot Girls BOM, K did some cross stitch (sorry, but didn’t get a pic of it).




Coming home I found some lovely blocks with bright coloured fantasy flowers on black in the mail box from two of my swap partners, aren’t they great?



And last night – coming home from a Hens night for a friend – I found this in the mail from lovely Nadine at Friendship Threads – she was my partner for SweetP’s stitchery swap:


Isn’t it perfect? I LOVE Bronwyn Hayes’ designs and Nadine has done such a wonderful job! She picked one of my absolute favourite motives, and her stitching is so great, and I love how she has set it. She even made a perfect stitched label on the back! She also included a hanger and some fabric for a hanging sleeve! – and I have figured out where to hang it :o) I have a green recliner chair in my living room, a spot for reading and hand stitching, and this will be perfect on the wall over it! THANK YOU so much, Nadine!

In exited sincerity,
Anne Ida

14 comments:

Elin said...

You must feel rich!!!

Unknown said...

Welcome back! A lot of post to look at and admire it seems. Lucky you. After seeing all this stitcheries, I will have a go at it as well. I have already ordered the thread! Take care.

Sweet P said...

Nadine did a wonderful job on her stitchery swap. It is gorgeous.

meggie said...

Lovely pics of your holiday.
Beautiful stitchery by you.
And a lovely lot of goodies when you got home.
You are rich indeed!

Rose Johnston said...

Glad ur back sweetie and those pictures r just gorgeous. What a perfect spot to relax!! Nadines stitchery is beautiful and so r yours, Bronwyns designs r my favorites as well. Ur swap blocks r lovely, cant wait to see them all together!!! Hugs xxx

~Bren~ said...

Nadine's stitchery is wonderful!! I LOVE it! Your Polka Dot Girls BOM's are beautiful and the flower swaps are great. I love the lady bug on the flower! What nice mail to come home to.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back and what a welcome you had ! Nadine really made something very beautiful. I love your stitchery on the Polka Dot Girls.

Debi said...

Great stitcheries, those are so lovely. I am glad you had such a good time on vacation.

Unknown said...

It seems you had nice weather while away. Your stitchery from Nadine is beautiful and your flower blocks also, it is great to get home and have fun mail waiting.

Anonymous said...

Anne, I love your gifts you recieved. I just learned of the polka dot girls from Darlene's blog. I am gonna have to get those. They look adorable.
Glad your back.

Anne Heidi said...

Your Holiday must have been perfect! Lovely stitchery by Nadine AND yourself :)

Darlene said...

The Polka Dot Girls wallhanging from Nadine is adorable.

Jeanne said...

Love the stitchery from Nadine and the ones you are working on. Glad you had a nice holiday.

The Chicken Lady said...

Oh my, what treasures ~ the blocks and stitcheries. And what a beautiful place you got to visit. Thanks for sharing your wonderful things. :)