Pages

Friday 16 January 2009

Red & white, Black & Bright, and some more progress

Two more red and white blocks popped into my mailbox today, these lovelies are from Åse:


Brasstown Star and Broken Dishes

Thank you so much! They will look wonderful with the rest of the blocks! I have a feeling this sampler will be great!

This weekend there will be a quilt-together for "Warming Quilts" in Elverum, and along with some of our other blogging friends I'll be going to May Britt's to join in. I have been having a bit of a guilty concience about these blocks...

...that I swapped with some of the girls at the fabric-swap club in 2007 - so I have decided to bring them along and see if maybe I can't put them in a quilt this weekend.

I also thought I'd share some of the progress on my Sugar Camp Quilt:

14 mountain blocks to go, and the appliqué of the worm fence, indian trail, creek and mill wheel. Hope I can get some of the appliqué done in the next few days.

Have a wonderful quilty weekend!
Hugs and stitches from
Anne Ida

13 comments:

Tina said...

Oooh, I just love that sugar camp quilt. It's coming together so nicely!

Nancy in Norway said...

Have a nice weekend in Elverum.

julieQ said...

What pretty delectable mountain blocks. Very nice sugar camp quilt!

Julie said...

Oh Anne Ida, the Sugar Camp Quilt is splendid! From the moment I saw it in the book, I've wanted to make it, but alas, the quilting time has been so slim this year. I keep promising to myself that next year will be better once Olivia is in First Grade (full time). May I ask what the name of the cross-like block is (red on the left)? I am quite taken with it. Julie in NH

Annelies said...

Have a nice weekend. Your Sugar Camp Quilt is very beautiful.

Unknown said...

You are making good progress on the Sugar Camp quilt.

Sara said...

Wow, those are some great projects you have going. I love the blocks and the Sugar Camp quilt is beautiful!

Sigrun said...

Denne suger camp quilten din blir virkelig flott! Gleder meg til å følge progresjonen framover til ferdig quilt.

Days and colors said...

I am already in love with your Sugar Camp Quilt!!! Have a wonderful time in Elverum!

Anonymous said...

The sugar camp quilt is going to be beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished.

*karendianne. said...

Oh Lord, there's nothing but beautiful things here today. I can hardly pick my favorite. Makes me happy!

Quiltemarerittet said...

Håper du får til noe av knallblomstene. Mine ligger bare der ennå. Jeg har forresten lagt deg til i blogglista mi.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Flott jobb dere gjorde i helga:-)
Du har forresten noen utrolig fine arbeider! Det ligger en award og venter på deg på bloggen min. Håper forresten du slår deg sammen med oss andre på småblokk-bloggen til Hanne:o)
Lappehilsen,
Laila