Pages

Sunday 8 February 2009

Even more red and white blocks

The weather at the moment is kind of crazy - it snowed most of the day yesterday, and there is trafic chaos in these parts of the country. The trains didn't run last night (so I ended up staying the night at my friend Leisha's place - after freezing on the platform for 3/4 hour - thank you so much for putting me up!), and going home this morning there were heaps of cancelations and delayes, what normally takes me 35 minutes took 75! This is how a corner of our back yard looks at the moment, we have not gotten the most of it, and they have cleared away lots since last night:

Last week the last two blocks in the swap arrived from Karin - thank you so much for these two beauties!


Chisholm Trail and Friendship Star Variation

With these I have 16 blocks - two I made for myself of the sets I sent away, and 14 I had received from the other participants. I want a quilt with a straight setting, and I want a rectangle rather than a square, so today I have made four more blocks.


Contrary Wife, Mill Gils, Bear's Paw, Ohio Star

The setting will be 4x5, I'm not completely decided on sashing, cornerstones, or what to do, but I'm thinking to keep it simple :o) Just for fun I layed all the blocks out on the floor to see how they looked together:

Looks great, doesn't it? I have to shuffle them around a bit before I put them together, though :o) Thank you so much to everyone who participated in this swap!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and stitches from
Anne Ida

13 comments:

Leisha Camden said...

Of course you can stay here, whenever you need to. Or want to, whatever. :-) I can't believe it took you that long to get home!! o_O Crazy weather. It's been snowing all day here - not a lot, but still, some snow coming down constantly. I can't wait to try to get to work tomorrow ... ! :-D

The quilt looks great. I'm already looking forward to seeing it finished. ;-)

May Britt said...

I know you are going to make a lovely quilt of those red and white blocks.

It has been nice sewingweather here to. So crazy much snow this weekend.

Unknown said...

There is so much life in the blocks!

May Kristin said...

This is going to be another great quilt!
Finally we got some snow here too,
but it is far away from what you got in Oslo!

Elin said...

Dette minner meg om Sylvia's! Blir kjempefint!

*karendianne. said...

Oh my! I love red and white and this is going to be an exquisite quilt.

meggie said...

Looking great!!

Tone Yvonne said...

WOW!!!

and yes i did have a great weekend :o)
So you didn't snow in????
Whish the would declare snowday here some day!!!! just stay in, don't go out...........

I'm so impressed with your red'n withe :o)

Have a wonderful week :o)

hugs!!

Anne Heidi said...

Oh the blocks are beautiful! Oslo when it snows is crazy! I remember using 2 hrs. one time from Kristine's daycare in Tåsen to our apartment at Korsvoll. No buses were running, and with a 2 yr. old it took forever...

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

your blocks looks so great! Beautiful! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog:o)

Lappedamen said...

This red and white block looks gorgeous. This will make a great quilt.

Judy said...

I love two color quilts and the red and white will make a wonderful one - especially since it is made up of blocks from friends!!

Days and colors said...

The blocks are amazing! It will be a wonderful quilt!