Pages

Saturday 15 May 2010

Elida

Don't we all love it when we find quilty goodness in the mailbox? And a new magazine is guaranteed to bring smiles and inspiration. This time it was extra special. My dear friend Rose has sent me a copy of the Mother's Day Special of Creating Country Threads



It has her designer profile in it - lots of great pictures of her gorgeous projects:





No surprise Rose was chosen as designer for the Mother's Day Special. Looking at her patterns you see her theme is mostly home and family, and some of the patterns are named for special people; f.ex. Nanny Sharon's Picnic quilt is named after her mum, Maddi's Tote after her daughter. For this issue she has designed a very pretty bag:

I'm very proud and honored this bag is named after my maternal grandmother Elida. She was a wonderful crafter; weaving, embroidery, knitting, braiding birch bark... I think she would have loved this bag!
Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Anne Ida, you must be so pleased and proud of Rose. I am quite delighted by the Picnic quilt and friend, wow but that pretty bag is REALLY PRETTY! Happy for you (and) Rose.