Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

Park Bench - Block 1: Picnic

I had some fun today piecing together the first two blocks of my Park Bench quilt and they came together really smoothly. Both are made from the first blockpattern - Picnic


The quilt has 15 blocks in it, seven of the blocks are repeated to make two, and then there's one extra. The blocks finish 16", which is huge to me who has a comfort zone piecing blocks in the sizes 6" to 9".

I'm very happy with my choice of dark oldfashioned pinks and greens I showed in my previous post, but I do see that I will have to include a bit more value to the to colourways so the blocks will really "pop" - hence the brighter pink in these blocks, and there will be some light lime green in the next block.

Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

No comments: