Pages

Monday 19 June 2017

Dovetail Quilt

Getting sick in the end of February, and taking a long time recovering, my quilting mojo has been very low. The other day I came across a video by Fat Quarter Shop on Youtube. It presents a very simple pattern by Doug Leko from Antler Quilt Designs that they offer for free. Hopefully this is just the thing to get me back on the go!


I have dug out a jolly bar and a layer cake of Blackbird Designs fabrics I have had in my stash for the longest time. The colours are soft and romantic, and I'm thinking this will be a quilt perfect for summer (perhaps a bit "brown"???)


The blocks are big and the stitching should be quick and simple... However I have managed to turn the 45 degree angle the wrong way (and of course I had made all of them before I realized what I had done), and after a lot of frog stitching I have figured I need to make the blocks as mirror images of the pattern (making the colours twist the opposite way around the center rectangle).



A bit of twisting my brain - but I think I have made it work :-)

Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

1 comment:

Hanne said...

I love your blocks 😃