Pages

Sunday 15 November 2009

New household member

Meet Anton - he is the new member of my household:



He is a very active and very cute little creature I'm sure will bring me lots of smiles in years to come :o) Just look at that adorable little face:


(pic by Leisha Camden)

***
And since this is a quilting blog... this is what I have been doing on the quilty front lately:



Chaos - hopefully soon to be order!! I guess it was plain madness to start sorting through that scrap box, but it didn't look like it would be all that much work! Well, at one point i was wondering if the fabric multiplied while I slept at night, sigh!. What I have done is sorting out all pieces larger than 3", and then cutting everything else into squares of 1", 1.5" and 2". The largest box is for strips and squares 2.5". I even found some orphan blocks in there, they now keep other orphans company in my WISP cupboard. The pic is from when I was about half way, and tere is still a couple of nights intensive work in there before I can see the bottom of the box.

Hugs and stitches from
Anne Ida

11 comments:

Leisha Camden said...

Aww, precious!! :-D Check out this post on my blog, more pictures there: http://leishacamden.blogspot.com/2009/11/welcome-home-anton.html

Nok en gang takk for turen!! Og lykke til med den lille fyren ... ! :-)

Mona said...

Congratualtions on your new pet. Anton looks like a cool dude!

May Kristin said...

Congratulations with a new home, Anton! And to you Anne Ida with a cute pet!
Scraps...wow, you have really started a big job, wished I was that clever! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Anton is so cute ! ...
Being called "te turtle quilter" among my local friends, I sure regognize him as a good friend ;>)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Gina said...

Best of luck with organising your scraps.
Anton is gorgeous

Love and hugs Gina xxx

LeKaQuilt said...

Ja vist er Anton helt skjønn og så stilig ! Kult med skillepadde, da :o) Lykke til med rydding i restekassa. Litt av en jobb du har begynt med.......

Anne Heidi said...

Ååååå så søt skilpadde! Kanskje han kan hjelpe deg å sortere igjennom restekurven :-)

The Chicken Lady said...

What a cute little dude Anton is. We saved a little turtle a while back on the road. My daughter and I were driving to see my friend and there he was trying to cross a busy road. We stopped and she jumped out and grabbed him to put him on the side of the road. :)

Oh, organizing scraps. fun...not, but it sure is great once they're all organized and in their own boxes.

Gudveig HN said...

Grattis' med samboer Anton! "Søt" liten sak...Greit med en "HANN" som kan settes i bur når dèt passer best! *LOL*
Så flittig du er med å organisere dine rester! Er helt imponert, jeg.

Julie said...

Hi Anne Ida,
I got quick a chuckle from seeing your table with the scraps on it. Once upon a time, I started doing the same thing when a friend handed me a bag of scraps, plus what I had accumulated - I thought, time to organize to see what I had. I still have some to go after spending untold hour upon hour, pressing cutting and sorting my little pieces into boxes. I now make a promise to myself as I finish a project to sort the leftovers right away. I have kept my promise, but still haven't gotten back to finishing the scrap bin of old. Maybe you will provide my New Years Resolution.....

Unknown said...

You are very brave!