Pages

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Progress, binding and a colourful beauty

I sewed and sewed last night and by the time I went to bed my head was spinning, my neck and shoulders were feeling stiff and sore, but I was HAPPY because I had all 399 units (that includes the separating squares) for the Smokey Mountain Stars quilt done and laid out in labelled piles ready to be sewn into rows. Here's a picture of how it looked when I still had about a handful of blocks to make



I love the look of it so far!! And I hope my Aunt will be pleased with it (if not, I'm definitely keeping it *lol*).
*

I'm turtle sitting for a friend of mine at the moment, and when I was waiting for one of the turtles eating, I saw she had a table runner I made her years ago on her coffee table (ok, she doesn't drink coffee...)



This was among my early production, and I started looking at what I had done. There isn't a border on this runner; rather it has a very wide binding, sewed on in four separate sections. Actually I love the look of it! Why don't I ever do bindings like this anymore? Perhaps I should?

*
Oh, and my post header said a "colourful beauty" - have a look at this big boy:



This is my friend's largest one. Isn't he gorgeous? Warm browns, lemon yellow, dark pine green and that bright red stripe! Oh, and look at that foot ;o)

Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

11 comments:

Tone Yvonne said...

Heia :O)

Flott skilpadde, er det han som ikke vil sosialisere?? Eller var det Anthon??

Stjerneteppet blir kjempefint!! For en utholdenhet :O) håper din tante liker det .....eller....for din del - kanskje ikke ;O)

Holder på med en pute til Elise også, må sys ferdig imorgen - siden hun blir 6 år på fredag ;O)

Gleder meg til å komme frem til et par av mine andre tepper og gjøre dem ferdig :O) blir veldig inspirert når jeg ser din maskinquilting .... hint....hint :O)

Håper du har det veldig bra :O) Lunsj til uken??

klemmer fra meg :O)

LeKaQuilt said...

Å åå enda en nydelig quilt fra deg. Her blir jeg insprert nesten hver gang jeg er innom :o)
Kul type du bor sammen med - han er bare helskjønn :o)

paulette said...

Ohhhh Anne!!
I love this shirt quilt...is it from Smokey Mountain Stars?? This is the pattern that I have my eye on to turn my shirts into this gorgeous quilt!!
You are an inspiration!! Thanks!
Paulette

Birgitta i Arboga said...

Vilken fantastisk kvilt det kommer att bli. jag kan inte tänka mig annat att din "tant" blir glad.

Elin said...

Dette blir fantastisk fint! Å, eg har så lyst å lage ein liknande, scrappy og god! Har hatt dette mønsteret i bakhovudet veldig lenge. Eg blir så imponert over deg som hiv deg rundt og får ferdig det eine etter det andre. Veldig inspirerande, synd du er så langt vekke, elles hadde eg teke meg ein inspirasjonstur! Her trommar regnet ned i dag igjen, trøsteslaust!

Trisha said...

Your Smokey Mountain Stars quilt is just gorgeous! I love how scrappy it is!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Anne Ida! I love your star quilt for your Aunt! It is wonderful!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I forgot to tell you - I bought a Layer Cake on vacation to make Charity Crosses! Ever since I"ve seen yours I've loved it! They didn't have the same layer cake you used, but I think what I got will work!

Gudveig HN said...

Åhhh - det ble flott! Skulle gjerne vært "tanten" som får slikt et lekkert teppe!
Håper hun vet å sette pris på det... Kjempelekkert!!!

Marga (MarPie) said...

I really, really love your Mountain star quilt.
Your aunt must love it, there is no other way then too love and like it very much.

Greetings from Holland,
Marga♥

Teresa said...

Oh my goodness, I never knew anyone had turtles that big as pets!

Your quilt is looking marvelous.