Pages

Monday 5 September 2011

Christmas Greetings From Elm Creek Manor - September

This weekend I finally found some time to sit down at the sewing machine and finished up some swap blocks (I'll share those later), and I managed to get this month's block of our BOM Christmas Greetings from Elm Creek Manor done - this is Star of Bethlehem:



Anyone remembering the block for April (or scroll down to the next picture *lol*) will see this has the same construction as the Star of the Magi block - but I had some trouble getting this one together - for some reason the points didn't want to line up properly, it turned out a tad on the large side, and there are some strange pressing lines. But at one point I had to say enough is enough, and this was the best it would be, and hopefully I can adjust the setting for the blocks to compensate for the bit it is off size. 

And once I was at it I just had to pull the other blocks out of the drawer and lay them out together just to see what they looked like



Can't believe we're half way though this BOM already - seems like we started just last week!

Happy week, everyone!
Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

5 comments:

Gudveig HN said...

Fantastisk flotte blokker!

Solveig Bloch said...

Nydelig var de!

Pat from Florida said...

This is really coming together. Nice work.

Doniene said...

Loverly!!! Like the color combination - haven't even cut my out yet. Finished the crazy quilt - will post pics this week. Til then.

Blessings

Satu said...

Another really beautiful quilt is becoming there... I just love all those blocks and fabrics!