Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2013

More stars

After making my previous post I couldn't resist digging into the goodie bag I brought home from Lapp-Elisa. The roll of yummy greys on top of the bag called out to me along with the lovely 0.5 meter cuts of Rosie's Love Letter fabrics.


Since I don't have a proper plan for the repro stars (other than making more of them in a few more sizes) and I knew more or less what I wanted to do with these fabrics the minute I spoted them in the shop I decided to start cutting and piecing. The roll of greys were cut at 2.5" which is perfect for the 9" star. Over the weekend I only got a couple of stars together:


But being home from work today enabled me and Bernie to play and I guess the picture speaks for itself regarding my plans ahead:



It's a classic setting, and it's turning out exactliy how I want it. Of course my little four legged friend had to come out and "help" me with the blocks:


He is such a cutie, but he has a bit of a morbid curiosity towards the rotary cutter, and I get really worried when he is moving around out of my contoll.

Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida and Anton

9 comments:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Beautiful Anne, I am thrilled to see you playing with fabric and sharing with us again! You are fantastic at piecing these stars with crisp accuracy - love it!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I just love this quilt top. It has my favorite colors combined with those little squares...fabulous!!

Hannele said...

Beautiful colours, beautiful blocks!

Laila said...

Hei.
Detta blir stilig :-))
Klem.

Satu said...

Beautiful and elegant quilt top! And I'm glad that you are back in Q -action;o)

Lise in Norway said...

Ha ha linjalen ble en suksess ser jeg... Du som bare skulle .... Kjempe lekkert Anne Ida. Show and tell onsdag?

Mitt lille rosa syrom said...

Nydelige blokker - en sånn quilt vil jeg også lage - en gang...

Ana María said...

Beautifull and elegant!
Congratulations.

Sølvis blog said...

Så gøy å se at du er tilbake i symodus. Quilten din blir lekker