Pages

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Christmas Greetings revisited

Early 2011 I joined a BOM with a yahoo group making quilts from Jennifer Chiaverini's pattern books. The pattern for this BOM was Christmas Greetings from Elm Creek Manor:


I stitched diligently the first few months and made it through six blocks before I completely lost focus. I did try, cutting pieces for blocks ready to stitch, but they lust lay there in their little plastic baggies until our sewing getaway at Lapp-Elisa's in April. After which my tally was 8 blocks.


I still have to make the remaining four blocks (perhaps I'll substitute a couple) as I have decided on a setting for these blocks that's on a 3x4 blocks grid. The setting is also from a Jennifer Chiaverini pattern but it's not the elaborate setting of the original Christmas Greetings quilt. Hopefully I can get this project finished by Christmas as the fabric I ordered for the setting and border arrived last week:


Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

3 comments:

Mary said...

Are you not making the Center? Your Blocks look great. It's ok to Substitute blocks, that makes it YOURS! I am on my Aloha Quilt.

Doniene said...

I too "stalled out"!!!! I made 6" blocks, but made the feathered star 17" for a medallion setting. I have 9 (I think) finished and will need to add a few more to finish up the setting that I have designed. I'm so looking forward to seeing yours all finished!!! Your new fabric looks fabulous!!

Blessings,

Doniene

Nemo said...

Så fine farger! Gleder meg til å se det ferdig. :)