Pages

Monday 5 February 2007

Far between creams

Tonight I was planning to sew a bit more on my siggie blocks. I had found a rather large piece of cream fabric in my stash that looked perfect for doing thes blocks, and started cutting the strips for the siggies. And what do you know: after the 36th piece there was no more fabric to cut from - and I needed 40!

So I have spent a good half hour bustling through my stash - it's incredible how much fabric you can have, and not find anything you need when you need it. There was al sorts of beiges, and light tans, and whites, and parchment, and greys. I even found a few bits of cream, but they all has print on them in yellow, blue and red - not exactly what I needed. But at the bottom of a drawer it showed up: a piece of cream fabric that was about 10"x25"! Puh!!! Four people in the swap are getting blocks that look a little bit different - but who those people will be - only Cynthia will know:-)


I have stitched a few triangles to the one side of most of the strips, and I'm hoping to finish the stitching tomorrow so I can sign Wednesday and Thursday, and have the blocks ready to mail Cynthia by the weekend. That's the plan, anyway...

7 comments:

May Britt said...

How fun this siggie swap will be. I have to start making mine this weekend.

SuBee said...

LOL - that's the life of a quilter! Running out at the very last. Worse is running out of colored bobbin thread with 4 inches to go! Cynthia won't tell anyone......

Juliann in WA said...

Just found your blog and I love your quilt - it is hard to make quilts from stash because you think you have all the kinds of fabric you need and then you find that you are missing something
have fun
Juliann

Susan said...

That sounds like a good plan.... I will need to purchase some fabric for my center. Not a scrap do I have that I think is right to use.

Samantha said...

You are so right- we can have so much fabric and never exactly what we need! Glad it worked out for you.

Jeanne said...

Thank you for the nice welcome! You will love making Linda's diamonds. She is the best teacher. Are you familiar with her latest "InkLingo"?

Wendy said...

It is very challenging to only use fabric from our stash. I'm trying to use what's in my stash as well.