Happy day! I'm making progress on my SBS! I have stitched all the blocks had cut and placed on the table next to Bernie, pluss I have hand pieced the New York Beauty block (F5 - bottom row, second from the left).
Starting at the top left:
"The Friendship quilt" (K2) is originally a foundation paper piecing pattern. I'm not too fond of FPP, so I measured the pieces and cut them to size. I think it worked out well. The "Sawtooth Star" (J1) I have had half way ready for several months - but for some reason the pieces didn't fit together and I had more or less given up on it. Know what was wrong??? I had cut the centre square nearly an inch too small *lol* The "Blazing Star" (F9) was a night mare (not to discuorage anyone who wants to try) - I think I ripped all the seams at least once - I kept lining up the pieces wrong. But it's done - YEY!!! The "Providence" (M6) went together smoothly :o)
"Mexican Star" (I5) was also a block that just fell into place, even though the pieces are very different from what I'm used to. The same goes for "Dove in the Window" (H4). The "Tennessee" (A6) was one of the blocks I had really been dreading. The pattern calls for FPP of the stripes for the eight chevrons before the block is sewn together using Y-seams. I ended up sewing a long strip set, and cutting the chevrons from it, avoiding that paper ever came near my block. I did do some frog stitching, but I'm pleased with how well it really came together. The "Jack in the Pulpit" (E6) was also a FPP pattern, but like the K2 I measured the pieces instead.
That the "Crow's Foot" (B6) came together as smoothly as it did, is thanks to Rose. She did all the calculations and sent them to me; thank you! The F5 is also a block I had been dreading for some time, but surpise, surprise: It came together much better than I had feared. Like I said, I hand pieced it, and everything came together in just under two hours (which I think is pretty good for me!). The "Lady of the Lake" (C5) and "Wedding ring" (C2) are other FPP patterns measured and pieced regularely. The C5 is a little "wobbley", but I'm really pleased with the C2.
I will now take a short break from the SBS (if I can, that is *lol*) and see if I can't finish my swap blocks before the summer is really taking over my life and the deadline for sending them gets too close. But knowing I only have 26 blocks to go will keep my spirits up and hopefully make me work faster on other projects so that I can go back to finishing it sooooon! This is so much fun!