Pages

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Paganimini - finished



Pretty happy with it ;o) It finished 18" square before I chucked into the washing machine - then it shrunk about an inch. Since it is so small I used a thinner thread than I usually do for quilting - not sure that was a good idea - it didn't wash too well... but done is done, and I have learned something!

And no matter what I had lots of fun playing with the quilting! I have gotten a bit bored with my usual stippling so I wanted to try something different, and this was a great practice sandwich! A close-up of a corner



As I mentioned in a previous post I didn't really know what to do with this project, but I found I had a pillow form in my cupboard, so another sofa cushion wouldn't be out of the way. When I added the binding I stitched an "envelope" to the back of the quilt, and tucked the pillow form inside - after it had been properly shrunk in the wash - and this is now how it looks



Happy me! ... and I know I really need to re-cover that blue bolster cushion one of these days...
Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

13 comments:

Laurence said...

Lovely

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous ! LOVE your quilting too ;>) Nice job, Anne Ida...
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Mary Lou Casada said...

Wow! I've been watching your progress on this one Anne Ida, and it's turned our just gorgeous!! I love the fabrics and the quilting (that sorta shell design is one I want to master, too!), and it's current display. Very nice, indeed!!!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Darlene said...

I, too, have been watching your progress and it's a fabulous finish! I love it.

Vicki W said...

What a great pillow!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Anne Ida - it is wonderful! And your quilting is to die for!

Ingaredstoka said...

Helt underbara!! gillar verkligen det mönstret!

Sølvis blog said...

Så herlig å bruke en miniquilt til puteforstykke. Nydelig ble den, og det er den som står bakom også.

Teresa said...

Very nice and the quilting looks great from here, and I am not even on a gallopping horse.

May Kristin said...

Kjempefin ble den! :-)

Stina Blomgren said...

Love your pagamini.. and gorgeous quilting!!!!

Béa said...

Absolutely wonderful in mini version, love your quilting too.
Hugs from France.

Unknown said...

The quilting is great.