Pages

Thursday 25 October 2007

Off to see Leanne

Running around in circles most of the evening (except for a movie with a friend) I’ve managed to pack for my weekend in Trysil, and class with talented Aussie quilter/designer Leanne Beasley. I’m so excited! I have been peaking at the blogs of May-Britt, Hanne, Sølvi, and Gudveig to see glimpses of her visit so far – and tomorrow through Sunday it’s my turn!

I just hope I have managed to pack everything I need. Fabrics I’m bringing for the Waverley Bag and My Butterfly Garden:

And threads in different colours, and what I could find of pens, pencils, sketch book, and lots of different other things. This is Bernie's first trip away from home (for you who don't know Bernie is my sewing machine) , so I think both he and I am anctious to see how he will fare on the bus :o) Fingers crossed he will be ok, and that all I will need is packed… If not, I will have to do some shopping at the stands the shops have brought up to the hotel.

In between the packing I managed to sew the last stitches into my new toilet bag, so I can bring it with me instead of the old one with a broken zipper :o)

Hope you too will have a great weekend!
Best wishes from Anne Ida
(Who wish the long bus ride tomorrow was over and she was in Trysil)


PS! Look at the treasure I found I had stuffed in my parent's attic:

How could I forget about having all these goodies?

14 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh have fun with Leanne.......and I love the blocks you are doing for the winter quilt.......I am following boht your blogs.........

Rose Johnston said...

Have a fantastic time sweetie!!! Wish i was coming with u!!! Hope u and Bernie travel safe, thats a long bus ride. Enjoy ur weekend and take heaps of pictures!!
Mange klemmer xxx

meggie said...

I am sure you will have a fantastic time!
love your new toilet bag.

May Britt said...

Welcome to Trysil. Make sure to bring a little white fabric with freezerpaper back so Leanne can make you a label to have back on your Butterfly garden.

dutchcomfort said...

I hope you will have a wonderful weekend full of stitches!

Krikri said...

Kos deg i Trysil. Det skal bli moro å se hva som blir resultatet. Den toalettmappa var kjempefin.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you are going to meet Leanne ! I hope you have a lovely time.

Klarafina said...

Maybe you have to much goodies and that´s why you have forgotten about them.
Have a wonderful time in Trysil with Leanne and the other quilt ladies!

Unknown said...

Have a great weekend Anne, like Rose said hope you take loads of photo's.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh have a WONDERFUL time! And I LOVE your new toilet bag! Very, very cute and clever!

Unknown said...

The fabrics look lovely, I am sure you will have a great time. I am looking forward to see what you will show us in your next post.

Darlene said...

I've seen lots of pictures of you, Hanne and May Britt! Have lots of fun and give us a full report when you return.

Shelina said...

I hope you have a great trip and a great class. Your fabric selection looks wonderful - so you're bound to bring back something spectacular. The toiletries bag looks wonderful, and what a fun find in the attic.

Anonymous said...

Now I know you had a wonderful time in Trysil, and you look GREAT on all photos !

Are you going to make you Butterfly Garden in purples and blues ? If so, I can't wait seeing it : LOVE, LOVE those colors !

XOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE