Pages

Sunday 28 October 2007

A wonderful weekend

I’m back from a terrific weekend in Trysil with Leanne Beasley and a group of quilting ladies! The days have been filled with lots of inspiration and laughter, meeting many wonderful quilters and seeing al lot of beautiful projects being started. I thought I’d share some of my photos with you. And I know there are even more photos on May Britt's blog...

Friday - I arrived in time for Leanne's talk on her quilts, Hanne May Britt and I sat of the front row.

Leanne showed a lot of beautiful quilts, and here she is with some of them - Bente from Lille Stasjon is helping her hold them up:


She also talked about her scrapbooking , how she works on them and showed us a couple of them.

Saturday - project of the day was the Waverley Bag. A pretty bag based on nine blocks with appliqué and stitchery.

Leanne talked on the history of the bag, how it got it's name, and in detail how it is constructed. She gave us a demonstration on needle turn appliqué:


And she helped us pick our fabrics and threads for out bags. Here are some pics of the ladies working on their bags through out the day.


This is as far as I got on my bag over the weekend - I hope I can stitch some more on it during the week to come.

Sunday - was a workshop/inspiration shop centred around Leanne's newest BOM "Butterfly Garden".

She talked on how she chose fabrics and treads and how she worked on the design, planned the stitcheries and the appliqué acording to one another. Afterwords she helped those of us who wanted some feedback on our own fabrics and threads with how to choose and lay it out - she gave me lots of wonderful pointers to how and where I can use my fabrics (as you saw in my last post I brought some) and what embroidery floss to choose to match them. Thank you so much, Leanne, for helping me on my way to my own Butterfly Garden!

For those of us who wanted it she did another demonstration on needle turn appliqué:




She also made a block for each of us, and spent quite a lot of time drawing and signing:


And she was nice to pose for pictures for those who wanted - and here is one of the two of us:

During the weekend I had to do some shopping, of course! Lille Stasjon and Quiltegaarden had brought their shops with them - goodie!

Hope you have had a great weekend too!
Sincerely, Anne Ida

18 comments:

Laila said...

Hi. Tank you for a wonderful weekend.It was fun to get to know you.Have a wonderful time with all your new buyings. :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow Anne Ida you have had a wonderful time away........meeting up with other bloggers also.......love your project and shopping........

Quilter Kathy said...

I enjoyed reading about your classes with Leanne and seeing your photographs. What a wonderful time you all had!!

Rose Johnston said...

Oh sweetie, ur weekend sounds fantastic!!! I love the fabrics for ur Waverley Bag, they look great and im so glad u got ur own block designed for ur Butterfly Garden quilt!!!
Love ur goodies, the fabrics r beautiful and i just adore those buttons (have i mentioned my button addiction lol???)
Hugs xxx

CONNIE W said...

Love this post and all the great photos...thanks so much for sharing them.

meggie said...

Lovely post. You are having a great time. Leanne seems such a lovely person! Thanks for all the pics.

May Britt said...

We had some great days together. Now we can live on the memories for a long time.

Elin said...

This looks great!!! Next time I'll join you, I hope. I've ordered the Butterfly Garden BOM, so I can make it together with you...
And if you could show us some of this tecnique with applique, it would surely be nice............I know you have a lot to do, so don't think of it.
And on Wednesday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wished I could have been there. I see that Leanne also brought her Challengequilt with her. A quilt that I am also making.
Thank you so much for all those lovely photo's.

Darlene said...

Wonderful memories! Thank you for sharing.

I can't wait to see your completed bag.

Unknown said...

Great photo's Anne, thanks for sharing your weekend with us all. Love your fabrics in the bag.

Tone Yvonne said...

Looks like you had a wonderful marvellous time!! I'm looking forward to see your project's!!!
Enjoy!!!

Nihal said...

Oh..Anne, finally I got a vision about how you look like and all your friends there.. :) Very nice, very nice indeed! All of you together stitching. Thanks for sharing these all nice shots, and the information.

Pat said...

What beautiful pictures you took. You ladies were so lucky to have Leanne with you in Norway. Thanks for sharing your time with us.

Hanne said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. I look at the photos from last week again and again and enjoy them a lot.
It was so nice to meet you in person - we'll meet again before long.

Unknown said...

It is so nice to see a picture of you, now I know how you look like ;) I wish I had been there with you all lovely ladies maybe next time. I have ordered the Butterfly Garden BOM from Honeysuckle cottage like May Britt did.

~Bren~ said...

Wonderful pictures. What a great time . Incredible experience!

The Chicken Lady said...

There isn't really much of a better way to spend a weekend, than with other fabric lovers and projects! :) Glad you had fun.