Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2007

Stitching progress

Over these last couple of evenings I've been working on the stitcheries on the Waverley Bag I started this weekend, and I thought I'd show what I've done. I've now finished the three blocks that are all stitcheries, so next I will start on the appliqué (still some stitchery to do in the centre, but I'll appliqué the bucket first).

I'm still trying to process all the impressions from the weekend. It was so wonderful to meet these women and be able to be creative along side them! I think we all had a great time. I’ve stolen this picture from May Britt’s blog since I was really bad at taking photos outside class (sorry, MB, hope you forgive me!).

I have to share with all you bloggers out there how sweet these women are: The ladies asked me if I’d like to join them for pizza Saturday night, and of course I was happy to! What I didn’t know was that they was to surprise me and Aase on our upcoming birthdays by having the staff at the pizza place sing us the birthday song and bring us ice cream :o) And they brought me this wonderful piece of fabric as well!

I’m still in a bit of a state of shock! It was so sweet of them! Thank you, once again!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Sincerely, Anne Ida

18 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

You can live on these memories for ages! The Waverley bag stitcheries look wonderful.

CONNIE W said...

The photos are so enjoyable. Your bag is going to be a pretty one. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you.

Anonymous said...

A VERY, VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear friend ! I wish I were there to give you a biiiig special ((HUG)) !

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Rose Johnston said...

How sweet of them to do that!!! And i love the fabric, its gorgeous. Ur bag is progressing quickly, it looks amazing!!!
I love the right hand corner block, ill have to get the translator up to see what it says lol
Hugs for tomorrow Birthday girl xxx

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had a surprise with your friends! The fabric is beautiful! I will wait to see what you might do with it. I love seeing the pictures of your weekend! Tomorrow is a big day!
Hugs to you Anne Ida!

May Kristin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you will have a wonderful and sparkling day!! You are a bit ahead on me I can see! It looks great! Take care!

Anne Heidi said...

Hurra for deg!!! Happy Birthday :) I hope you are having a wonderful day today, and gets lots of presents and even more cake. Your bag looks beautiful I love the floral fabrics you have used.
Masse klemmer fra meg.

Sigrun said...

Gratulerer med dagen din idag Anne Ida!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laila said...

Happy birthday!
Hope you have a wonderful day. Enjoy it.Big hug :-)

Debi said...

What a wonderful surprise, sounds like you had a great birthday. Happy Belated Birthday.

Nemo said...

Happy Birthday!!! :D I got daily reports from last week, sounds like you all had a great time. And, of course, Happy Halloween! ;)

Unknown said...

Very happy birthday to you! What a marvelous present you had: a week-end with Leanne and other quilters. I am so envious. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. At least it feels a bit as if we were there too.
Your bag progresses really nicely.
Take care.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you (was it yesterday) Your bag is going to be lovely great job doing the stitchery.

Anonymous said...

A late congratulation on your birthday. I hope your day was great toghter with your family and friends..

Take care.

whises from one of the girls in Sweden.

Valerie said...

Happy belated birthday! Your rose fabric gift is beautiful, what a lucky girl! :)

Carole said...

Happy belated Birthday! Your stitchery looks wonderful! Ah.... I'm envious! lol How I would have wished to be at Leanne's workshops! Keep well!

SuBee said...

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope your day was perfect!

Angela said...

What a wonderful time you must have had.