Pages

Sunday 7 October 2007

Weekend accomplishments...

Oh...I wish there were more hours in a weekend! I had lots of plans for what I wanted to do, but only managed some of it. Yesterday in between baking bread and scones, I made my second block for The Winter Quilt:

This is the quilt Rose and I both are working on - she posted a pic of her block earlier today. Our blocks are so different, but I love them both! Can hardly wait to see how these quilts eventually turn out!

Most of today I spent making a birthday present for a friend - unfortunately I can't post a pic seeing as she might pop in and have a look at my blog *lol*

I had planned on starting a new tote bag for myself once I had made the gift, but didn't feel up to reading patterns and working on something "big". Therefore I went over to the next point on my list: prepare some more DJ blocks! I have now the pieces for six more blocks ready. Hopefully I'll manage to stitch them in the next week or so...

Oh... almost forgot - someone asked me to show a pic of Nadine's stitchery for the Stitchery Swap once I had it up on the wall. Looks great, doesn't it?

Hope you will have a great week!
Sincerely, Anne Ida

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Baking and a very nice block are achievement enough in my mind! And with this lovely corner with the armchair and the stitchery, the long winter evenings to come will be easy filled up! Take care.

Debi said...

I love how bright and cheery your block is. The quilt is going to be spectacular.

Elaine Adair said...

I didn't miss that clever use of strips on the quilt over the chair. Any chance you might explain the layout? I've watched Fons and Porter, during their tips segment, they have an amazing border on a quilt on the wall. I've written to them, but don't get an answer, but yours is similar, and VERY clever. THIS reader wants to know ...

meggie said...

Love your new block! And Nadine's stitchery looks lovely on your wall.
That quilt on the chair-- we have to see it!!

Rose Johnston said...

Another gorgeous block sweetie!!! 2 down 23 to go!! lol
Nadines stitchery looks great in its new home. That corner looks so cosy!!! Love the quilt, i agree with the other comments, we must see more of this one!!
Hugs

~Bren~ said...

Your block is so different from Rose's block but yet the same. They will both make stunning quilts!!!

May Kristin said...

It is so fun following you two girls making the same quilt, but yet so different! Waiting for more!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love this block! Is this the buggy barn carpenter's wheel block?

Unknown said...

The weekends should have many more hours, they just fly away, it is Friday night and then Monday morning.