Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Japanese Lanterns - first month summary

Today it's a month since I started piecing my Japanese Lanterns, and I thought it's time to do a recap of the progress so far. When I started out this was to be a project for sunny days when I didn't feel like machine piecing, I never thought I'd be a fan of English paper piecing. But having my bisquit tin with prepared pieces, needle and thread with me almost everywhere and seeing how much I'm getting done in those "in between" moments really is a motivator. I have also been able to catch up on some audio books and some old TV shows while preparing the pieces and stitching while relaxing on the couch.

I hung my piece on the bedroom door last night just to see what it looked like - still five blocks away from 3 complete dark rows in addition to 2 complete light rows:


I have cut out most of the pieces for a quilt ca 69" x 79" in size, and quite a lot of them have been glued to paper templates ready to sew. I still have 18 light blocks to cut as well as the blocks for the edges.


My tally haven't been changed since coming back from Sweden, I have been focusing on prepping and piecing the already sewn  blocks together to the larger piece


More vacation time is coming up, and hopefully lots of stitching time :-)
Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

1 comment:

Quiltefia said...

Hei Anne Ida!! Takk for hyggelig kommentar!! Du vet, vi quiltere er noe for oss selv!! Du er rå på repetisjoner!! Men man blir jo nærmest besattt!! Supert med EPP innimellom!! Ha en flott sommer!! Anne Kari :-)