Pages

Sunday 24 September 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching Round We Go

Thought I'd share another Round We Go block that was added to the basket of finished blocks over coffee this morning


It's not laying completely flat, but hopefully that's just tension in the paper pieces, and will solve itself once the block has been appliqued to the background fabrics and the papers have been removed.

I pulled out all the blocks and laid them out over the floor, just to see how the project is coming along (sorry about the light)


20 blocks have come together, and even if I'm not all happy with some of them, it looks like they are playing together nicely.

Discovered I haven't shared the block I finished last Sunday - so here's a close-up


I haven't quite decided what to do for the background, but thinking I will do scrappy, either use more of the blues in the basket or some neutrals I have collected over the years. ...we'll see ;-)

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts and Slow Sunday Stitching

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.no/2017/09/slow-sunday-stitching_24.html
Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

14 comments:

Maria said...

Love your blues...

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wow! How many circles are you making? Looking great!

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

They look awesome / you are on a roll with these :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

they look great - you are way ahead of me on this pattern - I have a total of 4 made and working on the 5th - are you glue basting? I find these piece mostly too big for thread basting as I normally do hexies but I think I am probably using too much glue and will have a probably removing papers.

Deb A said...

Wow! Those are so pretty. I can't wait to see them on a background.

Deb said...

These circle blocks are just lovely. I look forward to seeing them on the background.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is such an amazing project! I love to look at each block and try to figure out how you made them all look so different!

Linda M said...

Fabulous blue circles, I think a scrappy neutral background would really set them off.

scraphappy said...

They look perfect as a collection. Don't let one less than favorite block worry you. I love the idea of different neutrals. Such a great project.

Paul said...

Wow, I've just finished my first block, and you have 20 done already! I'm doing it as a block of the month, so I only have the seed packet for the first one.

Great to see how nice they all look, love your colors.

CathieJ said...

I love how all these pretty blocks look together. Last Sunday's is so very pretty with that hint of pink.

Sarah said...

What a great collection of blocks!

Anonymous said...

Wow Anne Ida they are looking fantastic and you have a few done now too,they look awesome in the blues xx

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you have got lots done and they all look great........