Pages

Thursday 12 August 2010

Not feeling guilty anymore

A few years ago my Mum and I painted the sunroom at the summer house, and I threw out some fake flowers that hung between the windows. I have never really liked them, but my Mum claimed they brought colour to the room. As the bag went into the trash I told her I'd sew something for her to hang there instead. Well.... better late than never... We measured the areas earlier this summer and I Tuesday night started piecing some whirligig and pinwheel blocks I have been thinking about trying for a long time. Today I stitched down the last of the bindings:



They are a bit crooked, and they need a wash and a press before they are hung, but I think they turned out pretty cute - I'll see if I can get a pic once they are up between the windows. And those blocks are strip pieced and very quick and fun to make, so I have a feeling there are more of them in stall for the future, but perhaps a bit bigger than 3.25" ;o)

Finishing off this post with some pics I took on my hike to Kolsåstoppen this afternoon:











Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love the little runners! I can't wait to see them hung up to get a better perspective - what size are they finished?

Thimbelina said...

Your runners look lovely Anne.... and beautiful photos too!

Elaine Adair said...

Those runners are sooooo much nicer than 'fake' flowers. 8-)) Lovely photos also.

Rose Johnston said...

Oh sweetie, these look lovely! Your mum will love them and they much better than fake flowers!
Beautiful scenery on your walk, love the red mushrooms!!!
Big hugs xxx