Pages

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Food while traveling

Ihave got a bit of an obsession taking pictures of what I eat while traveling, and this time I figured I'd actually use the pictures and make a post of my food diary - after all we have enjoyed a lot of yummy food along the way.

After a long day of travel from Oslo to Kolmården we enjoyed a lovely fish dinner at the hotel restaurant:


 The fish was succulent and just perfectly cooked and that potato puree was soooo yummy


For our second dinner at the hotel I had decided to go for the vegetarian canelloni, but believe it or not they had changed the menu from one dinner to the other! In stead I opted for the risotto with local goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes. I have to say this is some of the best stuff I have ever eaten! Perfectly balanced flavours. The portion was huge, but I just couldn't stop eating it


My selection from the breakfast buffet


We arrived late to Gothenburg on the Saturday evening and ended up at the local Hard Rock Café - my selection was the Smokehouse Chop Salad


A beautiful sunny and lazy Sunday called for a sushi lunch at the park - respectable quality sushi.


And what sunny Sunday would be perfect without ice cream. GB Magnum is celebrating their 25th birthday with a strawberry ice cream covered in white chocolate. Absolutely good, but not something I will miss when the anniversary year reaches it's end.


Palak paneer at Masala Kitchen - probably the best version of this dish I have had. The paneer had the perfect consistensy and the sauce was just to die for


Walking in the section of the city called Haga on Monday we came across the bakery "Husaren" and spotted these huge cinnamon buns in their window. Unable to resist we decided to share one for lunch


When I say huge bun, I mean family sized! After we both were more than satisfied this piece was still left on the plate, and there were several hours since we had had breakfast. We later found out this is a rather famous baked good known as "Hagabulle" and is the speciality of this one bakery


In the evening we went to the restaurant Jalla Jalla - the starter plate of Baba Ghanuj, Tzatsiki and Hummus was more or less gone before any of us got our cameras out, guess the bun wasn't all that filling in the long run ;-)


My entré was Samak Mishvie - salmon and prawns with a lobster sauce. The fish was a tad over cooked, but all in all it was a very pleasant meal


A touch of nostalgia - at the City museum they sold the bubblegum BUGG, which we grew up with. Can't say it was a heavenly flavour experience, but the bubbles still get as big as when I was 8 *lol*


After our tour of the Botanical Garden on tuesday we both were so hungry we decided to jump off the tram when we spotted a Spanish restaurant from the window. We opted for the Paella for two with seafood - a very colourful dish with lots and lots of flavour


And more than plenty for two hungry people  - there were lots of calamari hidden under that rice


Fish soup at the lokal food market for lunch on Wednesday - the consistency was a bit mushy, but the broth was very yummy indeed


And I just have to include this - their warning sign behind the counter "The food may contain traces of love"


For our final dinner I think we were both a little fed up with restaurant food, so we opted for a hotel room piknik. We finsihed off the sushi and some of the fruit and juice, but we the rest we brought with us on the train home.


The hotel breakfast buffet - basically anything and everything you could desire for breakfast


K enjoying the last meal before we headed for the train station (and a short stop for ice cream *lol*)


Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

2 comments:

paulette said...

Oh my...EVERYTHING looked yummy! Just wonderful!
P

Ana María said...

Yummy, yummy...Now I'm veryyyyyy hungry.