Pages

Saturday 14 January 2017

Triangle Gatherings


While blog hopping this morning I came across Lisa Bongean's Weblog (Lisa from Primitive Gatherings), and found that she is hosting a BOW this year called Triangle Gathering. As far as I can tell she is planning 87 blocks that all are made using HSTs.

 Block one

There's no secret I love my HSTs. They are just so versatile. So call me nuts, but I think I'll join this project, and have already started to catch up on the first blocks.
 
 Block two

Lisa is doing several different sizes. When I spotted the post, I was thinking to do the 4", however the piece of scrap on my cutting mat I wanted to start with could only be trimmed to 1,25"

Block three

So I went for it, and this is my first three blocks - they look like they need a re-press, they're not quite as wonky in real life as they look in the pics. Here they are with my 1" by 12" ruler - they are tiny little things, and I can't imagine doing the 2" blocks.


Not really sure how this will turn out, if I'll keep to the blue and brown scheme, or if it will be totally scrappy. However I'll use up some of my scraps and bits and pieces. 

Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

1 comment:

Hanne said...

I love your blocks :-)
I know it is late to wish you a Happy New Year now, but it is never to late, right?
I am looking forward to following your block progress!